Monday, October 3, 2011

Camille-TP11

Last Wednesday I joined Hassan and his friends at Cafe Shisha. Coincidentally, a good friend of mine from Acabelles, is Hassan's conversation partner. We all arrived there around 9:30 after I got out of rehearsal. Hassan and I discussed Thanksgiving and Halloween along with his opinions on the matter. It was very amusing to see how foreign students view these very peculiar yet pertinent traditions of the American culture. He discussed some festivities that he would partake in back in Saudi Arabia. We also talked about vacations he wanted to take and if he had a million dollars where would his next destination be. These sort of questions were fun to ask each other because it was a break from the usual routine we do in our tutoring sessions. Hassan also ordered me a specific type of tea for me to drink at Cafe Shisha (although I cannot remember the name now for the life of me) and gave a detailed explanation on the various types of teas offered on the menu and the different ways you can prepare them. I personally am a big fan of exotic teas so I was glad to be the student for once!

No comments:

Post a Comment