Thursday, September 1, 2011

Camille CP7

Last night I met up with Abdullah and I attended birthday party for one of the Arabic students as well as a celebration to mark the end of Ramadan. We both had not seen each other in quite some time so we caught up on all of our adventures from the past three weeks. Abdullah and a few of the Arabic students all traveled to Miami and Tampa which they thoroughly enjoyed. Abdullah seemed very interested in my trip to New York City and told me how he wished to go there someday. We also talked about his guitar lessons he has been taking and I told him I would love to hear him play someday but he told me I must wait until he practiced alot more. I feel the more times I meet with Abdullah the more easy it becomes to actually get a conversation going. But I still find myself asking all of the questions and carrying the conversation. I have some ideas for the next conversation session Abdullah and I will share in order to get him to start up conversation and keep interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment