Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Camille-CP9

I met with Abdullah last week and we sat outside of CIES near the fountain. I brought Abdullah a copy of the International Programs magazine where there are many pictures from my experience in Florence inside (including the cover!). We went through all of the various countries that are offered through the Florida State program and he would ask various questions about the country and I will tell him whatever information I knew. He also told me about which countries he would like to go to if he had the choice. Then we discussed how school was and what he was working on in each class. For one of his classes, he had to do a presentation on a classmate that introduced him to the class. I asked him what sort of questions he asked his partner and vice versa. Then we did a "mock" trial of what he did for class for me and him. I asked him various questions as if we were just meeting for the first time and he did the same. He found this game humorous and got more excited about it the longer we discussed each answer. I now have found that Abdullah can enjoy conversation at a more steady level and we have made SO much progress since our first couple of meetings.

No comments:

Post a Comment