Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Carolina CP5

A few weeks ago Hammad, Metab, Nic, Hammad's tutor, Jordan and I all went to sister sinks in Wakulla county. We figured it would be a wonderful opportunity to introduce native Florida to our new friends. We stopped at Publix before we went and got watermelon, fried chicken, sodas, and snacks. While in the grocery store we explained to Metab all the different foods we were getting and asked what he usually ate as snacks. After Publix we went to the sinks and had to take the 30 minute walk from the parking lot to the sinks in sweltering heat. Soon it began to pour rain right after we arrived at the sinks and Metab and Hammad didn't seem to mind at all, they still went on with swimming and eating. It was interesting to me, someone who experiences rain fairly often and I still let it bother my activities, and them who hardly ever get rain in the Middle East and it's nothing now when it happens. They really seemed to love the natural sinks and nature of Florida. Looking at it through their eyes really gave me a greater appreciation for the Florida nature I take for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment