Saturday, August 27, 2011

Carolina TP10

I invited Eunsung and Are over to my house to have dinner with my family and see what a typical American family dinner was like. I invited them over about an hour before dinner and we sat and went over more idioms that I had gotten together for them to study. We did the same exercise as before where I made both of them use the idiom in a sentence of their own so that I knew for sure that they were understanding. After about a half hour of that we watched TV and I would mute it during the commercials and ask them what was going on in the show and ask for a summary. They were both understanding and the English spoken on the shows was so fast! I told them both to try and watch as much TV as they could during their free time to try and pick up on common English phrases and keep up with the fast paced English speaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment