Saturday, August 27, 2011

Francis- CP 10

8/18/11 CP 10

After my tutoring session with Clarita, I met with Mary at the Sponge Docks in Tarpon Springs, FL. It was a bit hot so we walked along the street for a bit looking for a nice Greek bakery to go into. I asked Mary to order my pastry and water for me. She did very good, especially with the lady behind the counter which was a bit impatient. I was glad to hear that she does not take that kind of stuff to heart. I feel that is one of those things that are a bit hard to get over. While I have not experienced something like that with a native speaker, I have seen my mom be affected by impatient individuals. We talked about her sister we first met. She had to leave due some immigration trouble so how her family and she is doing back in Ecuador is always on my mind. The family is doing well but the little girl, who was born here, is having trouble adapting. They are going to put her in one of the schools that teach primarily in English. After our pastries, we walked along the rest of the street and went into the shops full of sponges, soaps and corny souvenirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment