Friday, August 26, 2011

Francis- TP 7

I talked to my CP, Jee, and she was totally willing to become a TP. Technically we had already been doing some tutoring since Jee is very much worried about her pronunciation and that came up in conversation. She had specifically asked me to correct her pronunciation. This was something I was hesitant to do as a CP because I didn't was to keep interrupting the conversation.

So, on our first tutoring session I wanted to keep things still light and fun. Especially since Jee's son Eric would be with us. i wanted to pick something that Eric would also find fun and challenging. I figured we would go over tongue twister which would challenge Jee; I made sure they either had alot of Rs, Vs, or Ls. One of the ones we tried was the following: "How many boards Could the Mongols hoard if the Mongol hordes got bored?"

The activity was really fun for Eric. He was born here in the US so he was moer challenged when we said the phrases faster. For Jee, however, I emphasized accuracy over speed. We also touched on new vocabulary that we came across; for example, hoards and hordes.

Sadly, Jee had a great opportunity to go to a dance workshot in NYC after our classes were over so i was not able to continue tutoring her. I was also unable to tutor Kukit further because he could not make it to our sessions on campus.

No comments:

Post a Comment