Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Jung - TP11

Jaeyeon and I met up at the Starbucks on Wednesday [Aug. 3rd] night and this time, instead of reading a book, I decided to go over this song with her because I thought this could be some fun ways to improve her listening skills and learn new words. I picked ‘lucky’ by Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat, one of my favorite songs and Jaeyeon actually has heard this song before too. First, I let her watch the music video and when it was over, I asked her if she had understood the lyrics. She understood some words but didn’t understand what it was about. So we went over the lyrics, one that I found online. While she was reading the lyrics out, we worked on her pronunciation and if she didn’t understand some lyrics, I helped her understand it by explaining the situation of the lyrics. We covered the new vocabulary words as we covered the lyrics. She has just a tiny problem understanding the lyrics so we had to go over and read them over again but she didn’t have any major problems. After going over the lyrics, we tried to sing along with the music which turned out a bit of a disaster even though it was a slow song. Jaeyeon and I had fun from this tutor session and hopefully if she hears this song in the future, she will sing along with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment