Saturday, August 27, 2011

Francis- TP 9

08/16/11 TP 9

To start the first session with Clarita I asked her to write down as many English words as she could think of in 5 minutes. I tried to make the attitude of the activity more fun than just an evaluation but I figured this would get her to think of her frequently used words. She came up with a lengthy list but it was also riddled with spelling errors. For the remaining of the hour we created sentences with the words she provided. I encouraged her to step out of her comfortable vocabulary limits; to make beautiful mistakes. I believe that went well. Finally, before we concluded the session I went over a few things she could do on her own to continue to build her English skills like keeping a journal and reading sites like http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/learningenglish/.

No comments:

Post a Comment