Saturday, August 6, 2011

DeRobbio cp4

I met with Alice in the lounge for our conversation session. On the way i ran into Abdul from Egypt and I gave him one of my books to read. In our culture class he had spoken about his desire to read more so I shared one of my favorites with him.
When I first met with Alice she was observing some of the boys playing chss. She asked me if I knew how to play, and also if i would teach her. I told her of course i would, and i began to give her a simple overview of the game and explaining the pieces. We also talked briefly on the culture of Arab men. Alice was discussing how they had more than one wife, and she said she had questioned one of the students about this. She asked him "Don't you think the other wife would get jealous?" and he replied " It's better than them cheating!" We both just looked at each other and laughed in amusement at this justification we both agreed, only a man owuld provide.

No comments:

Post a Comment