Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Jeff Dinert CP10

I met with Suk Joon on Thursday July 28th, and we first drove Nak Joon and Suk Joon out to Proctor Honda to make a service appointment for Nak Joon's CRV before he drove next week for a small post CIES family vacation. Nak Joon said he thought he made an appointment, but he could not fully understand what they had said on the phone, so he wanted me to go with him. So we all piled in the car and drove to the dealership, and made an appointment, which was good because they hadn't made him an appointment, and he needed to make sure of that. Afterwards myself and Suk Joon went to the Redeye coffee shop and this meeting Suk Joon wanted to talk about looking for a crv like Nak Joon but new for his wife and daughter when they arrive on Aug. 12. So we looked on the Proctor website, and on other sites and what we noticed was the difference in price for used and brand new cars was so minimal, aroun 1-2000 dollars that he probably would be better served buying new. Also we made an appointment for him online to meet with a salesmen on Monday and I told Suk Joon I wanted to go with him to make sure he didn't get dicked around. The next thing we talked about was his child's preschool application, and we started to figure it out together and saw that he needed to get vaccination records, and to make an appointment for a physical for his daughter when she arrives before preschool. Finally we just talked about how excited he was that his family was coming, but how nervous e was about starting his PhD this fall. He knew his wife and daughter would make him very happy, but he also knew he would be too busy for them much of the time, and he was worried. I told him at least I can help you with your papers, and in his normally gracious, and kind way he thanked me, which i knew he meant. We will get together next to go to the car dealership Monday, and when his family arrives my girlfriend and I will take his family on a pizza date. I am lad I know Suk Joon.

No comments:

Post a Comment