Saturday, August 27, 2011

Carolina TP12

For our final meeting we went to FINALLY get pasta (both Eunsung and Are had been wanting good Italian food for weeks now). We went to Ricardo's and met a few of my really good friends there for Eunsung and Are to meet. We all sat down at a big corner booth and had a delicious Italian meal with good conversation. I encouraged Eunsung and Are to tell all of my friends about themselves and where they were from and about their families. This was the biggest test to me--I knew at this point they were fine speaking in front of me, they felt comfortable with me. But they both had the courage to speak up and join the conversation! I knew that all of the speaking I had been making them do even though they hated it sometime had paid off. We all talked like we were native English speakers and it was so amazing. Afterwards Eunsung gave me a strand of Buddhist prayer beads her mom sent her from Korea to give to me and we said our goodbyes. I can't wait to see them at Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment