Monday, August 1, 2011

Carolina TP 6

Most of the times I meet with Eunsung and Are I try to meet with them individually because they often get shy around me when they are together and giggle instead of actually pushing themselves and studying. So up till now I had been having separate meetings with them but this time I chose to meet with them both at the same time. It actually worked really well! They were both comfortable enough with me now that they weren’t giggling or just talking in Korean to each other, they were actually helping each other if the other didn’t understand and if I wasn’t able to do a good job explaining. But I made them explain in English—which actually ended up making them think even harder and learn even more English! We went over American culture and I made them each talk for a few minutes straight about what they did over the weekend and what kinds of work they had been doing in their CIES classes. They both hate, HATE talking in English so it was a real struggle for them but they got through it with complete sentences! Their words are becoming so advanced and it’s clear that Eunsung had taught the idioms she had learned from me to Are, because Are was using phrases like 24/7 and it slipped my mind! I was so proud of them and their progress after this meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment