Friday, July 22, 2011

Francis- TP 5

I met with Kukit last Friday for another tutoring session. I had him take notes on a video report about a new telescope NASA is working on. I found it on the Youtube page of VOA Special English. I actually asked kukit to pick a video that interested him from the posted videos. He chose a report on the new telescope NASA is working. We watched the video a few times. On the first go, we just watched the video. But the following couple of times, we took notes. The hour long session had to end before we could read over the notes.

The reason we did not get to complete the session was because the selection of the video started off rocky. At first, I chose the Yale Toutube channel and Kukit tried to listen to the clips he chose but they were too fast. We lost quite some time doing this, i finally decided to think of another source of video. I recognize I have a hard time figuring out the appropriate level of material my students need. I need to work on this. Kukit is very understanding though, so he is patient and he helps me.

No comments:

Post a Comment