Monday, July 18, 2011

Jung - TP 4

After I got out of class on Thursday night, I met up with my tutee, Jaeyeon at Strozier library. Since we were going to watch a video to work on her listening skills, we decided to get a study room so no one would be bothered by the noise from the video. I picked the video clip called “20 facts of sharks” from Discovery channel for Jaeyon to watch and while watching the video, I asked her to take notes so we could discuss it when the movie was finished. After 10 minutes has been passed, we started our discussion; she had a couple things written down on her paper but not that much. But I realized that instead of understanding and taking notes from listening, she took notes and understood what the video was about by watching the video, like pictures… I think this week’s tutor has failed. So instead of watching a video clip, I think I’m going to look for a listening tape for our next tutor meeting. That way, she can actually understand what they are saying by listening and not by looking at the video clips.

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry if you think it failed.. I'm sure it helped her in one way or another. But maybe a listening clip will indeed be better so all of her attention will be focused solely on listening. Make sure it is a basic sound clip that is easy to understand.. which I'm sure you will. Keep up the good work girl!

    ReplyDelete