Monday, July 18, 2011

Jung- CO 2

This week, I observed Mrs. Kim’s reading class on Thursday. I was about five minutes late because I was wondering around the fourth floor looking for her classroom then realized that classroom was on the second floor. Even though I was a bit late, she welcomed me to her class with a nice big smile. When I arrived in the classroom, she was writing nine vocabulary words on the board for the quiz that they were about to take. After the students took the quiz, they swapped their answer sheets and graded each other’s paper. For each question, Mrs. Kim asked different students to read the question and come up with the answer. After the quiz, she handed out a short story with couple words blacked out and went over it with students and let them guess what words were supposed to be filled in the blank. And those blacked out were same vocabulary that they just took on their quiz. These words that they took a quiz on were sent out to the students’ email a day before so they could have time to look them over and study. After reading their short story, Mrs. Kim handed out a book called “Rain Man” for their extensive reading in class and also asked me a read chapter 1 for the whole class. I was bit nervous because I didn’t expect to do anything else in class other than observing how class flows; overall, it was a fun experience. She ended her class with an announcement saying how she is going to send out an email of new vocabulary words for next day’s quiz.

No comments:

Post a Comment