Saturday, July 9, 2011

Camille- TP2

This past Tuesday, I met my second Tutoring Partner named Sunghee Jung. We met at the CIES lounge during teat time and we sat down and discussed a criteria for the rest of our time together. Sunghee informed me she is a part-time student here and is married. Her husband is working on getting his masters and she joined him in the states. She has a lower level of English but is able to get her point across after a constant game of charades. Things she would like to work on include: correcting her pronunciation and past tense errors. Also she has struggling finding out which verb is appropriate in what situation, which I agree, can be a difficult aspect when learning English. She also wants to learn on expanding her vocabulary and reading at a quicker pace. For our next meeting, I have told her to bring whatever materials she would like to work on. Also, I have printed out a worksheet I found online that includes reading and comprehension.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you can apply a lot of what we are covering in class with your tutee.

    ReplyDelete