Sunday, July 3, 2011

Jung - TP1

Last Thursday, I tutored at the PAEC Migrant Summer school program at FSU. Mrs. Larida, the teacher paired me up with a cute 5 year old boy named Omar, who seemed really shy at first because he did not make any eye contact with me. Together we covered same letter matches and counting numbers from a work book the teacher gave us. He seemed to be more interested with the numbers than the alphabet because when we were covering the alphabet, he yawned a lot and couldn’t stay still but when it came to counting, he stopped yawning and quickly started to count. It was my first time tutoring and I realized that tutoring someone requires a lot more patients than I thought. I am very excited to see and work with Omar and others to help them to improve with what they need help with. 

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree! Tutoring takes quite a bit of energy, and especially takes a lot of effort with listening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you think you could make the alphabet more interesting? I agree though that keeping kids focused does take energy and creativity. Try to apply the subject being learned to the world around them.

    ReplyDelete