Sunday, July 10, 2011

Nic TP-4

I had my first meeting with Ozan, a tutee from the CIES program, today. He goals for tutoring are 1) Pass the IBT-TOEFL Exam 2) Prepare for the GRE and 3) Obtain better skills in conversational English.

I would place his skills in the mid-intermediate category. He is still thinking in Turkish and then translating it into English.

It took me some time to get used to working with him because Ozan’s personality is laid-back and quiet. Making sure I do things that suit him best can be difficult, sometimes because he is so flexible.

Today we mainly talked about where he is from, what he wants to do, and some things he enjoys doing. We also briefly talked about social issues in Turkey and the U.S. I am excited to explore this more as the semester goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment