Thursday, July 7, 2011

Nic-CP5

This evening, I took my tutees Dongsoek and Jongoek out for an American dinner at the Red Elephant. We met at Strozier at 6:30 and added Dongsoek’s tutor, Katie, along the way. There was a good amount of culture that shared: We listened to the oldies station on the way over. At dinner, we discussed all kinds of things from siblings to travel plans in August to a bucket list for Tallahassee (I explained the meaning of bucket list for them). Everything went well with the occasional confusion from the conversational buzz around us. On the way home, we chatted about different social scenes in Tallahassee while listening to contemporary pop.

5 comments:

  1. I have found it interesting as well how much my conversation partner seems to attempt to take in when we go to dinner, or walk or, go to the bookstore, for he seems not to be unattentive but sort of enthralled in the experience. He was so focused on the Lil Wayne that I found almost endearing. Makes me wonder if I'd be just awe struck when I go to Asia. thanks Jeff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha, yes! I really enjoyed it because it gave me a chance to look at my culture in a new light.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm curious... what is on your bucket list? And did they come up with any of their own?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks again for letting me tag along and dinner and the ride!!! ^-^;;;

    ReplyDelete
  5. For me, the top 5 are: 1) Go skydiving 2) Travel to Japan 3) Write a book 4) Have kids 5) Unite a community. I have more, but they require explanation. :D

    Katie, thanks for coming along!

    ReplyDelete