Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Nic-TP7

Don’t you love a good student? When I arrived at the library to meet up with AR, he had all his homework completed and ready to discuss. We went over the terms I had assigned, and I could tell that he felt pretty comfortable using them in sentences and in pronouncing them.

During a break, I saw AR had a stack of movies he was planning on checking out. I asked his permission if I could glance through them. There were a few that I wasn’t sure that a middle-aged dad would like (such as The Lizzie McGuire Movie), so we went over movies on Rotten Tomatoes (great review aggregator of both critical and audience reviews).

I had made a worksheet on has/have for him and he completed it quickly. I think that I made it too basic, so next time I will have some more challenging work for him. The part that did give him some trouble was creating sentences with has/have. We discussed that for awhile.

Before I left, we discussed our weekend plans. AR loves to fish and he said he is going to St. George Island to fish for the day. As we walked out, I showed him a few movies that I thought he may enjoy (e.g. Gettysburg for American history) and he checked him out.

No comments:

Post a Comment