Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Nic-TP6

I met with Ozan for the second time today. We talked a bit more for the first bit. I was curious about his family; his dad is a brain surgeon in Turkey and this influenced him in his decision to fuse his passion for technology with his background knowledge of medicine.

I had printed a handout for him about info on jobs for IT majors. I had him read a section of it out loud so I could get an idea of his pronunciation/speaking ability. He did a good job, but read it slowly. His comprehension skills were excellent. I think that I would like to work on building his skills in speaking and reading faster while maintaining his comprehension ability.

For the last bit, he wrote on why he wants to have a career in medical informatics. I gave him 10 minutes, figuring he might get 2 or 3 paragraphs done, but wrote 5 sentences. Upon later review, his work made logical sense, but he had a fair amount of grammatical errors.

No comments:

Post a Comment