Sunday, July 10, 2011

Jung- CP 4

On Thursday, I met up with my third conversation partner, Adel, a student from Saudi Arabia. This was actually our second meeting each other but our first time talking to each other for more than five minutes. He needed help with some school paper work, so he could send it to World Education Services, a company that will translate (fix) his Saudi Arabian grades into American grades. Apparently in Saudi Arabia, the highest grade point average is 5.0 and America is 4.0. He told me he got his degree in hospitality and would like to get his masters in something related to his undergraduate degree. He also needed help with mailing the paper work, so I walked with him to UPS on campus. I guess this was his first time sending a mail in America because he did not know where to write address and the format on the envelope. I told him he could track his mail with a tracking number online, I will text him tomorrow to see if he had trouble with it. We haven’t set up our next meeting yet because I will be driving back to Panama City after Tuesday class to see my brother, who’s leaving for Korea on Wednesday morning and I won’t be retuning back to Tallahassee until Thursday afternoon.

Oh by the way, Adel is looking for someone to tutor him if any of you guys are interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment