Saturday, July 9, 2011

Camille-TP3

On Wednesday night I met up with Hassan at All Saints cafe. It was his first time there and I was happy to introduce him to a place he has never been before. We sat down and discussed exactly what he wanted from me as a tutor. Since he plans on applying to grad school by hopefully his MBA in Finance, he wants to work on a Statement of Purpose. So I had Jeff graciously send me his lesson plan for his Statement of Purpose activity which I plan on eventually doing with Hassan. It is great to know that we now can share ideas and lessons among each other now and in the future when we are abroad. Hassan is also looking for alternative universities other than Florida State. He does not even know where to begin on such a quest so I am helping him with that as well. He also has to get his Driver's License and complete the driving test but he said it is too difficult. So I plan on helping him out with that as well. We then discussed the importance of learning English to him and how it will help him in the future when he works in Saudi Arabia. Then I had him write out the Arabic alphabet and I attempted to pronounce each of the letter, which was extremely difficult I might add. He also taught me a few phrases such as "hello" and "how are you?"

1 comment:

  1. Tell Hassan not to give up on the driving! It is sometimes even hard for Americans...I failed the first time I took it. Props on the collaboration!

    ReplyDelete