Friday, July 1, 2011

Jung- CP 1

My conversation partner, Joyce had already left school on Tuesday when we had scheduled our first tea party so I still didn’t get a chance to meet with her. I sent her an email and introduced myself, where I am from, what school I graduated from, and asked her when she would like to meet up. I informed her of my availability since I drive back and forth from Panama City and later that night, she emailed me back saying how we can meet up at the next scheduled tea party on Tuesday.

Anyway, instead of meeting my actual conversation partner and getting to know her, I sat with a group of people who Katie was sitting with and actually had good conversation with them. I met a guy name Muhammad, and a girl name Anna. They both came to the states probably a couple weeks/days ago so they were still new with everything that was around them. Their English was pretty good considering that they came to the states not that long ago. I was pretty surprised because I remember back in the days when I only knew how to say “I can’t speak English” in my first couple of weeks in America. I had a fun and interesting time conversing with them and I hope they have a great time while they are in the states and I cannot wait ‘til I meet up with my actual conversation partner, Joyce.

1 comment:

  1. Great post, Jung. I didn't know you are driving in from PC! I look forward to hearing how your own ESL experiences match with what you see with your CP and TP.

    ReplyDelete