Sunday, July 10, 2011

Jung- TP2

So I finally met up with my tutee, a Korean student name Jaeyeon, on Wednesday afternoon at the lounge. Since this was our first meeting, we spent the time getting to know each other and talked about what she is hoping to gain from tutoring. She said she would like to improve her listening skills and learn some popular English phrases that people use daily. Unlike the other Korean students in CIES, who just came to the United States to learn English and are planning to go back to Korea, Jaeyeon is planning to attend college here at FSU or other schools in America. I asked her if she is going to continue with her dance major since she did/studied ballet at Hansung University in Seoul, but she said she is planning on changing her major, however, she does not know what she wants to study. Since I found out her interest in attending school in America, I asked her about TOEFL. She told me she took TOEIC but not TOEFL, and she is not planning on taking one any time soon. We decided to meet up this coming Thursday night and we decided to watch a movie or show in English together.

No comments:

Post a Comment